Robot Electronics HW Engineer
Type of Job
Bar-Lev Industrial Park
Tzafon and Haifa
About the job
In this role, you will assume responsibility for the complete Robot electronics, cabling, and power system. You will have an important role in a talented team of engineers, responsible for the smooth operation of tens of thousands of autonomous robots in solar sites around the globe.
If you have a passion for robotics and would like to work in a young, dynamic company, that is part of the renewable energy revolution – talk to us!
- Participate in the Robots HW design at the PCB level and Robot system level
- Perform PCB bring-up and Robot HW integration and testing
- Plan, perform, and document experiments for the purpose of testing new capabilities and verification of adherence to various standards
- Work closely with the Embedded FW team and the Mechanics team, to perform complete system Integration of Ecoppia robots
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for design issues found during the integration process and in the field
Key skills and qualifications:
- Relevant Engineering degree, preferably Electrical Engineering or relevant equivalent experience as a practical engineer
- Good understanding of electronics schematics reading and design (Orcad Capture or equivalent)
- Understanding of various inter-IC com protocols such as UART/I2C/SPI
- 2+ years of electronics lab work experience, performing Bring-up, integration, and testing
- Experience working with electronic lab equipment such as: oscilloscope, DVM, power supply, spectrum analyzer
- Basic soldering capabilities
- Hands-on attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Very good oral and writing technical English skills
- Knowledge of PCB Layout design using Altium or similar
- Robotics and/or Embedded HW Background
- Good understanding of batteries and charging design
- Experience with RF communication
- Experience in Mechatronics or specifically with Electric Motors
- Familiarity with common industry standards for EMC, Safety, Radiation, Environmental conditions, etc.
- Past participation in HW/Embedded Hackathons
- Practical engineer or a Technician background
A fast-growing Cleantech robotic company with a global client base.
The company’s R&D center hiring for the position is located in Bar-Lev Industrial Park, with HQ in Herzlia and New Delhi, India.